Tesla, the electric car company headed by billionaire Elon Musk, has posted three vacancies in Nuevo León for professionals specialising in the automotive market.
The vacancies, which are posted on Tesla’s website, are aimed at people with experience in electronic vehicle manufacturing.
According to the website, Tesla is seeking vacancies for a logistics analyst, a supply chain manager and a commercial field service technician, who will be based in the municipality of San Nicolas De Los Garza in Nuevo Leon.
2021 was a breakthrough year for EVs. Thank you to Tesla employees & owners! https://t.co/DOAtk54J5v
— Tesla (@Tesla) January 28, 2022
What is Tesla looking for?
In the case of the Logistics Analyst vacancy, Tesla says it is looking for a professional who has customer service experience and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
“If you are interested in contributing to an amazing customer experience, we want you to join our team – we are looking for motivated team players with a positive attitude! We are looking for people who value customer satisfaction,” the portal reads.
As part of the requirements requested by the company created by Elon Musk, are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- 3+ years of professional experience in manufacturing, supply chain, logistics and/or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills; ability to code in SQL and Tableau and drill down into data.
- Demonstrated communication, leadership and problem solving skills.
- Ability to write, speak and present effectively and persuasively at all levels.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills; ability to succeed in situations with high degrees of variation and complexity.
- Self-directed initiative to obtain and implement a broad knowledge of logistics best practices.
- For the Commercial Field Service Technician position, the automotive company describes that the position will provide diagnostic, troubleshooting, preventive and corrective maintenance services for Tesla’s energy products, including but not limited to: commercial photovoltaic systems, batteries and electric vehicle charging stations.
In addition, you will be required to assist in the commissioning of solar panels, batteries and electric vehicle charging stations and monitoring systems during project installation.
Tesla indicated that the ideal candidate will have experience in the installation and service of commercial and/or residential solar photovoltaic systems.
Key requirements for interested candidates include:
- Preferred 5 years’ experience in the industry, installing, servicing and troubleshooting solar PV systems, battery storage or electric vehicle charging stations.
- A minimum of a journeyman electrician card valid for electrical work in the states where the candidate will be performing the work is required.
- Electrical experience preferred Understanding of NEC codes related to solar PV installations and knowledge of NFPA 70E practices.
- Proficient in the installation of grid-tied inverters and able to work with various ground and roof mount racking systems.
- Proficient working with spreadsheets, word processing and computer applications (e.g. time tracking, case management, etc.).
- Must be able to work at heights, climb ladders and stairs, lift heavy objects and work standing for long periods of time.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal); particularly in a client-facing environment.
- Ability to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time.
- While in the case of Supply Chain Manager, the transnational company reported that it is looking for a professional who as part of their duties will support the operations teams and contract manufacturing partners in the sourcing of components and parts from the direct supply chain.
Those interested in applying should meet the following requirements:
- 3+ years of experience in supply chain management.
- Knowledge of any of the following is preferred: mechanical sub-assemblies, housings, castings, castings, plastics, grinding, stamping, CNC, milling, lathes, etc. (may change depending on product assigned)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work in multi-national environments.
- Experience in manufacturing, process engineering or product development.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel Strong interpersonal skills and ability to present to management.
- Understanding of cost concepts, cost reduction, modeling, etc. is preferred.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- In case one of the applicants has a disability – reports The CEO – it is important to inform your recruiter in case you need an accommodation at some point during the interview process.